CheckBAC: The First Comprehensive Alcohol Monitoring System
CheckBAC’s mission is to provide the promise of “Shared Safety” to communities and workforces through the most accessible and widely adopted platform ever created: their mobile phone.
Never before has remote alcohol monitoring been so effective, easy to control and connected to an individual’s behavior – anytime, anywhere. And at a fraction of the cost of other current solutions, it has truly become affordable for any business with a large workforce.
The CheckBAC Solution consists of three key components:
- CheckBAC mobile application (available for iPhone and Android platforms)
- An approved, third-party handheld Bluetooth® breathalyzer (preferred brands are specified by CheckBAC)
- CheckBAC Management Portal (accessible via internet browser)
Here’s an overview of how the CheckBAC system works:
CheckBAC is a patented solution that finally bridges the gap between testing and accountability – so you can effectively monitor and manage the sobriety of each of your employees, patients or offenders.
Combining industry-accurate Bluetooth technology with a simple, easy-to-use smartphone app, CheckBAC gives you the power to test your users – anywhere, anytime – and instantly see their results. In addition to providing a fast and accurate BAC reading, CheckBAC is a nearly fool-proof solution, documenting tests in real time with video, audio and GPS location.
Here’s how it works:
- Each user (employee, patient or offender) that you wish to monitor must have an iPhone or Android phone. This may be a personal or company-issued device.
- The user is given access to the iTunes or Android App Store for business accounts, with a link to download a free version of the CheckBAC mobile application.
- The user is provided an approved Bluetooth breathalyzer, compatible with the CheckBAC solution. The device may be purchased by the individual or provided by your business or organization. Pricing and device details are provided by CheckBAC.
- Enter each user’s personal data – along with their corresponding mobile phone number and Bluetooth device registration – into the CheckBAC Management Portal. You can easily update, add or remove user data at any time.
- Create specific BAC tolerances for your business, organization or judicial system within the CheckBAC Management Portal. For some companies, a test below the legal limit may be permissible; for court-mandated probation, a zero-tolerance policy may be the requirement. Regardless, you now have control over your organization’s specific policy – and can change the threshold at any time.
- Using the Management Portal (from a desktop, laptop or mobile device), schedule automated testing intervals based on week, day and time. You can also initiate random, on-demand tests at your discretion – so users aren’t always anticipating a scheduled test. Prompts can be sent to thousands of users at one time or to a single user within your user database.
- Once prompted for a test via an SMS message, users open the CheckBAC mobile application on their phone and log in.
- The user then follows a set of simple instructions. Holding their mobile phone with the screen facing towards their face, they are prompted to blow into their breathalyzer. Simultaneously, a video window records their activity and validates their identity. The process takes only a few seconds, and is complete when the status bar is filled.
- The test results are instantly streamed to the CheckBAC Management Portal, along with audio and GPS data for the location. Test failures are immediately flagged and can be pushed as SMS text messages to your mobile device – allowing you to quickly take action to ground air crew, pull drivers or alert probation officers.
- Using the CheckBAC Management Portal, generate comprehensive reports of user activity for risk assessment, insurance planning and more.
The CheckBAC Alcohol Monitoring Ecosystem
Unlike expensive vehicle-based Interlock systems, CheckBAC is the first solution that truly assigns responsibility to the individual through a unique mobile platform. Using our patented, phone-based application (designed for both Apple iOS and Android platforms), CheckBAC connects to industry-leading Bluetooth breathalyzers – allowing you to schedule or randomly test any of your users anytime, and almost anywhere.
Create a standard schedule for pilots before they fly, or send a random test to DUI offenders on probation. With CheckBAC, you finally have control over the process – and your users have more accountability for their personal behavior and choices than ever before.
Here’s a visual view of the CheckBAC Alcohol Monitoring Ecosystem for Air Crew Safety Compliance:
By adopting an alcohol monitoring system from CheckBAC, you can realize the following benefits:
- Help combat at-risk behavior from any user – employees, patients, offenders and more
- Enable remote monitoring almost anywhere, at any anytime
- Enforce sobriety with customized thresholds (specific BAC levels, probation, zero tolerance policies, etc.)
- Manage both scheduled and random testing
- Implement a cost-effective solution across a large, geographically fragmented workforce
- Randomly monitor users to see if they have been drinking
- Test all employees at once or select individuals
- Capture employee test results in real time, including accurate BAC reading, video, audio and GPS location
- Set automatic testing intervals
- Easily add or remove an employee from the CheckBAC portal dashboard
- Print or share BAC test reports